Switch Shipments Reach 52.48 Million Units as of December 31, Pokemon Sword and Shield Sells Over 16 Million - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 01 March 2020 / 4,633 Views
Nintendo has released its latest hardware and software figures for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS through December 31, 2019. Shipments figures for the Nintendo Switch reached 52.48 million units, while the Nintendo 3DS hit 75.71 million units shipped. As for lifetime software 310.64 million Switch games have been shipped and 382.22 million 3DS games.
For the quarter Nintendo shipped 10.82 million Switch units and 64.64 million Switch games, as well as 0.25 million 3DS units and 1.12 million 3DS games.
Nintendo forecasts it will ship 19.5 million Switch units in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020, which is up from the previous forecast of 18 million.
Here are the top 10 best-selling Switch first-party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 22.96 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 17.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 16.59 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 16.34 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 16.06 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.76 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.82 million
- Super Mario Party – 9.12 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 5.85 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 5.37 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 - 5.04 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 4.19 million
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.58 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 2.17 million
- Astral Chain – 1.03 million
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order – 1.02 million
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.