AWAY: The Survival Series Headed to Xbox One - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 03 March 2021 / 1,147 Views
Developer Breaking Walls announced AWAY: The Survival Series will launch for the Xbox One later this year, alongside the previously announced PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam versions.
View the announcement trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
A storm is coming…
Set in a distant future, a series of natural disasters threatens the survival of every species on the planet. As you venture deeper into the wilderness, do you have what it takes to make it out alive?
Inspired by nature documentaries, AWAY: The Survival Series is a third-person adventure game that takes you on the Sugar Glider’s breathtaking journey into the wild.
As cataclysmic storms bear down on the planet, you must travel across vast environments in search of safer lands. From the mighty treetops to the forest floor, immerse yourself in nature as you explore a vibrant world brimming with life, but beware of the dangers that await on your journey…
- Journey into the Wild – Embark on a Sugar Glider’s journey through nature to save its family. Every step of your story will take you deeper into the wild, where you will face new environments, new enemies, and new challenges. But beware of the coming storm…
- Immerse Yourself in Nature – Soar across misty chasms. Make perfectly timed leaps from tree to tree. Climb to the top of the forest canopy to get a unique view of your world. Explore breathtaking environments where your survival will depend on your ability to climb, glide, sneak, and fight your way out of trouble.
- Play as Other Animals – See the world from a whole new perspective. Explore a diverse and incredibly detailed world full of unique species of plants, animals, and insects. There are even special moments where you get to control other creatures such as beetles, lizards, foxes, and more…
- Fight or Flight – Sugar Gliders may be small but they know how to survive. Hunt down your prey, fend off dangerous enemies, and sneak past apex predators using stealth and agility.
- Enchanting Musical Score – Immerse yourself in AWAY’s enchanting orchestral soundtrack by Mike Raznick, multi-award winning composer for BBC’s Life and Planet Earth II nature documentaries.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.