Switch Shipments Reach 55.77 Million Units as of March 31, Animal Crossing: New Horizons Sells 12 Million - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 04 July 2020 / 4,683 Views
Nintendo has released its latest hardware and software figures for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS through March 31, 2020. Shipments figures for the Nintendo Switch reached 55.77 million units, while the Nintendo 3DS hit 75.77 million units shipped. As for lifetime software 356.24 million Switch games have been shipped and 383.11 million 3DS games.
For the quarter Nintendo shipped 3.28 million Switch units and 45.59 million Switch games, as well as 0.07 million 3DS units and 0.89 million 3DS games.
Nintendo forecasts it will ship 19 million Switch units in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021.
Here are the top 10 best-selling Switch first-party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.97 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.77 million (first 11 days) / 13.41 million (first six weeks)
- Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 6.33 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 5.48 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 4.38 million
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.87 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 2.73 million
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX – 1.26 million
- Astral Chain – 1.08 million
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order – 1.08 million
Nintendo in a separate report revealed sell-in figures for the Nintendo switch. For the 2020 fiscal year Nintendo sold 21.03 million Switch consoles, which is a 24 percent increase over the 16.95 million sold the previous year. Software sales for the fiscal year jumped 42.3 percent to 168.72 million games sold.
Nintendo also revealed sell-through sales in three major regions for the 2020 fiscal year. In North America sales for the Switch were 7.67 million units, a 20 percent increase. In Europe, sales increased 19 percent to 5.37 million units, and in Japan sales jumped 33 percent to 5.06 million units.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.