Quantcast
Elden Ring Gameplay is 'Heavily Based on Dark Souls' - VGChartz
Elden Ring Gameplay is 'Heavily Based on Dark Souls'

Elden Ring Gameplay is 'Heavily Based on Dark Souls' - News

Hidetaka Miyazaki speaking with IGN in an interview discussed the gameplay in the upcoming action RPG, Elden Ring. He revealed the gameplay will be based on the Dark Souls franchise.

"Elden Ring is a third-person action RPG with a fantasy setting. Gameplay-wise, it’s heavily based on Dark Souls," said Miyazaki. "However, that doesn’t mean that it plays out in the same way. With a more open and vast environment, the way combat plays out becomes fundamentally different."

View the announcement trailer of the game below:

Here is an overview of the game:

Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware, Inc. and Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., is a fantasy action-RPG adventure set within a world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki—creator of the influential Dark Souls video game series; and George R.R. Martin—author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Danger and discovery lurk around every corner in FromSoftware’s largest game to-date.

Hidetaka Miyazaki, President and Game Director of FromSoftware Inc. known for directing critically-acclaimed games in beloved franchises including Armored CoreDark Souls, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

George R.R. Martin is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and Fire – A Game of ThronesA Clash of KingsA Storm of SwordsA Feast For Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. As a writer-producer, he has worked on The Twilight ZoneBeauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made.

Elden Ring is in development for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

shikamaru317 (5 days ago)

And just like that, all of my interest in the game disappeared.

ClassicGamingWizzz (5 days ago)

Pls more dark souls less sekiro, no fucking postura bar that last Forever to break.

Zenos (5 days ago)

I'm not a big fan of DS's gameplay, but I'm curious to see where they'll take this.

StriderKiwi (5 days ago)

Dark Souls gameplay is damn near perfection. Hopefully in implimenting changes, they dont lose the luster of the Souls games we know and love.

Chazore (5 days ago)

If it's going to feature DS like gameplay and mechanics, then it's a hard pass from me. I just want a non DS game from them. I feel like I'm being an asshole or some greedy guy, just wanting a non Souls game.

StriderKiwi (5 days ago)

Would an Armored Core sequel count? I know thats in the pipeline.

Chazore (5 days ago)

Not sure why I was downvoted for asking for a simple request, for one game not to be DS made. I guess DS fans see me as a threat for asking for a non DS inspired game.

ClassicGamingWizzz (4 days ago)

No One is a threat to them, they do What they want and never Cared about What people asks, every year people bitch about a easy mode and they dont give a fuk and make it even harder

StriderKiwi (4 days ago)

As one of the downvotes, it wasnt mean as a personal attack. It was due to coming to this thread, being excited for this Dark Souls-like title, then seeing mostly negative comments about Dark Souls.

Chazore (4 days ago)

@StriderKiwi Yeah, but do you not see the hypocrisy in your own action?.

All I want is something** have liked from FS before. You're already getting a load of DS love and I'm holding out for 1 single game, that could still be years away and even then, I've got to hope it doesn't involve heavy DS like traits.

You like what you like my dude, but I don't think your stuff, what you like, should encompass what I like. I've never once thought that all turn based games, should be auto made into RTS games. no, I just want some new RTS games.

Do you try to understand as to why people don't like what you like?.

StriderKiwi (4 days ago)

I see. Fair enough. For what its worth, they said they were working on like 5 different titles not too long ago, so theres still hope.

Oneeee-Chan!!! (5 days ago)

Misleading title as always .

Mystro-Sama (5 days ago)