Payday 2 Sells 1.58 Million Units, 80% Digital

by William D'Angelo, posted on 13 September 2013 / 5,249 Views

Payday 2 developer Overkill Software and parent company Starbreeze announced in an investor note yesterday that the game has sold 1.58 million units to date. 80 percent of the total sales were digital, with just the remaining 20 percent sold at retailers.

Payday 2 was released last month on Steam, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The game topped the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade leaderboards and number two on Steam.


More Articles

6 Comments

jlrx (on 13 September 2013)

This game is horrible and I regret buying it. Every damn mission is so repetitive, especially if you are not playing consistently with a group of people, get 8 bags, one at a time, back and forth back and forth over and over, ridiculous.


nate22 (on 16 September 2013)

I agree, did not like it


  • +1
ganoncrotch (on 13 September 2013)

Not heard of this title but cool sales on the digital side of things.


think-man (on 13 September 2013)

wow that's surprising, haven't played this series yet looks promising though.


Serious_frusting (on 13 September 2013)

It has a retail version? oh my


Bman54 (on 13 September 2013)

I didn't even know this was sold at retail.


Mr Puggsly (on 13 September 2013)

Consoles versions had modest openings. So it appears to be a big hit on the PC.