Fire Emblem Engage Debuts on the Japanese Charts, NS Sells 52K, PS5 Sells 42K, XS Sells 1K - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 26 January 2023 / 7,184 Views
Fire Emblem Engage (NS) has debutedin first place on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 144,558units, according to Famitsu for the two week period ending January 22, 2023.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (NS) dropped one spot to second place with sales of 43,983 units. The game has now sold 4,739,035units at retail.
Splatoon 3 (NS) is in third place with sales of 16,091 units, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) is in fourth place with sales of 13,857units, and Nintendo Switch Sports (NS) is in fifth place with sales of 9,220 units.
Nine of the top 10 are games for the Nintendo Switch, while one is for the PlayStation 5.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 51,587 units sold. The PlayStation 5 sold 42,152 units, the PlayStation 4 sold 2,544 units, the Xbox Series X|S sold 945 units, and the 3DS sold 83 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Fire Emblem Engage (Nintendo, 01/20/23) – 144,558 (New)
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet (The Pokemon Company, 11/18/22) – 43,983 (4,739,035)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 16,091 (3,833,699)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,857 (5,115,176)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo, 04/29/22) – 9,220 (978,511)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 8,146 (3,016,620)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo, 10/29/21) – 6,009 (1,157,864)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (Konami, 11/19/20) – 5,942 (2,830,215)
- [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 (SIE, 03/04/22) – 5,468 (267,222)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 5,327 (5,105,655)
Here is the hardware breakdown (followed by lifetime sales):
- PlayStation 5 – 38,602 (2,213,311)
- Switch OLED Model – 28,626 (3,787,574)
- Switch – 12,820 (19,138,059)
- Switch Lite – 10,141 (5,175,409)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,550 (335,499)
- PlayStation 4 – 2,544 (7,849,815)
- Xbox Series S – 740 (229,048)
- Xbox Series X – 205 (173,083)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 83 (1,190,306)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012 and taking over the hardware estimates in 2017. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel. You can contact the author on Twitter @TrunksWD.
That seems pretty low for a new FE game to debut in Japan. I wonder how it compares to recent entries in the series.
It's 1k higher than Three Houses. With higher digital this should be easily the highest Fire Emblem launch.
Oh that's good to hear. In NA and EU, its initial sales have been quite a bit lower than Three Houses.
Where did you get that from? So far there was only info on how it did in the UK where it physically sold 31% less than Three Houses. With digital probably 10-20% less.
Oh I thought the sales were down in a few other countries but I probably misremembered.