Animal Crossing: New Horizons Topped the Japanese Charts Over Last Two Weeks - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 14 May 2020 / 2,149 Views
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has remained at the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 455,299 units, according to Famitsu for the two week period from April 27 to May 10.
Ring Fit Adventure (NS) was the second best-selling game with sales of 104,389 units. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) is in third place with sales of 58,034 units.
Eight of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch and two are for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 157,463 units sold. The PlayStation 4 sold 32,478 units, the 3DS sold 3,422 units, and the Xbox One sold 250 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 455,299 (4,350,458)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 104,389 (883,332)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix, 04/10/20) – 58,034 (897,108)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 38,320 (2,936,169)
- [PS4] Trials of Mana (Square Enix, 04/24/20) – 36,903 (117,286)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 25,858 (3,409,160)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 25,198 (3,690,702)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 24,559 (1,440,839)
- [NSW] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo, 12/27/19) – 20,086 (222,469)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 17,729 (1,380,939)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.