Kickstarter Project, The Banner Saga, is out today! - News/ 7,499 Views
The Banner Saga, a game which began life as a very successful Kickstarter (USD 723,886 from 20,042 backers) is officially out on today on Steam! In this strategic tactics game, players will assume the roles of various characters in an epic saga that will task them with making tough decisions that can drastically alter the outcome of the game. Sometimes just choosing who to help can mean the life or death of an entire civilization.
The game is currently on sale for $24.99, with an optional Deluxe Edition for $29.99 that comes with the game's soundtrack. Some of the Key Features in the game are:
- Player choice that drives your own narrative – every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters from 2 different races, human and varl, the horned giants – embark on your epic journey with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with consequences - victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what decisions you make afterwards.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast frozen landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
- An epic Viking saga brought to life in 2D glory – beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory, will immerse you into a fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology.
- Multiplayer Combat Enhanced – sharpen your combat skills in the free multiplayer game “Factions”. Compete against other players with many of the character classes you see in The Banner Saga.
Check out our exclusive trailer for the Banner Saga below: