Pokemon Legends Arceus Tops the Japanese Charts, Dying Light 2 Enters the Top 10 - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 10 February 2022 / 3,818 Views
Pokemon Legends: Arceus (NS) has remained in first place on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 359,064 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending February 6, 2022.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human (PS4) debuted in second place with sales of 24,160 units. The PlayStation 5 version debuted in sixth place with sales of 12,891 units.
Mario Party Superstars (NS) is in third place with sales of 17,503 units. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) is in fourth place with sales of 13,908 units.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NS) is in fifth place with sales of 13,448 units. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl (NS) is in seventh place with sales of 11,661 units.
There are eight Nintendo Switch games in the top 10, one PlayStation 4 game, and one PlayStation 5 game.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 92,452 units sold. The PlayStation 5 sold 16,888 units, the Xbox Series X|S sold 5,990 units, the 3DS sold 264 units, and the PlayStation 4 sold 8 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus (The Pokemon Company, 01/28/22) – 359,064 (1,783,721)
- [PS4] Dying Light 2: Stay Human (Spike Chunsoft, 02/04/22) – 24,160 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo, 10/29/21) – 17,503 (850,695)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,908 (4,414,111)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 13,448 (4,753,245)
- [PS5] Dying Light 2: Stay Human (Spike Chunsoft, 02/04/22) – 12,891 (New)
- [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl (The Pokemon Company, 11/19/21) – 11,661 (2,494,763)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 9,090 (2,505,168)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 8,586 (7,175,552)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 7,286 (3,067,125)
Here is the hardware breakdown:
- Switch OLED Model – 43,051 (1,120,339)
- Switch – 29,913 (17,957,209)
- Switch Lite – 19,488 (4,549,842)
- PlayStation 5 – 15,100 (1,143,690)
- Xbox Series X – 3,071 (80,054)
- Xbox Series S – 2,919 (61,970)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 1,788 (210,536)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 264 (1,181,570)
- PlayStation 4 – 8 (7,819,310)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.
Just shy of 6k consoles sold for Xbox Series X/S, is this inline with the 360 Japan sales? just curious if it can surpass the 360 lifetime sales, or is it tracking below that?
S-X numbers a pretty solid. Is there a chart that shows weekly comparisons for the 4 generations of Xbox against each other in Japan?
36k combined for dying light. Pretty good. And the number 2 spot for the ps4 version.
Pokemon crosses 2 million next week? And I wonder if Mario kart 8 sales will pick up after the dlc starts releasing. As if it needs any help. Would be interesting to see an uptick after 5 years.