Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox 360 in France - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 18 May 2020 / 2,783 Views
The Nintendo Switch sold 15,319 units for the week ending May 9, 2020 to bring its lifetime sales to 3.60 million units in France. This compares to the Xbox 360 with sales of 3.58 million units. The Switch launched in France on March 3, 2017, while the Xbox 360 launched on December 2, 2005 and ended production in April 2016.
Looking at global sales, Nintendo's hybrid console has sold 55.65 million units, while the Xbox 360 sold 85.81 million units lifetime. The Switch needs to sell another 30.16 million units worldwide to outsell the Xbox 360. The Switch in three years and two months has sold 64.9 percent of the sales of the Xbox 360.
Taking a look at sales in other regions, the Xbox 360 sold 45.24 million units in the US, compared to 19.00 million units for the Switch through May 9, 2020. In Europe, the Xbox 360 sold 25.87 million units and Switch has sold 14.36 million units.
Here are the top 10 best-selling Switch first-party titles (through March 31, 2020):
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.97 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.77 million (first 11 days) / 13.41 million (first six weeks)
- Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.
There are no comments to display.