Nintendo Switch Sales Top 50 Million Units Sold Worldwide - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 04 May 2020 / 12,018 Views
Nintendo's hybrid video game console, the Nintendo Switch, has surpassed 50 million units sold to consumers worldwide, according to VGChartz estimates.
The Nintendo Switch reached the milestone for the week ending January 4, 2019. The console sold 546,930 units to bring its lifetime sales to 50,354,930 units.
Breaking down the sales by region the console has sold an estimated 17,450,577 units in the US, 13,321,856 units in Europe, and 11,879,018 units in Japan. Breaking down sales in Europe, the Switch has sold 2,500,889 units in the UK, 2,547,502 units in Germany and 3,353,525 units in France.
The Nintendo Switch launched worldwide on Mach 3, 2017. The handheld only version, the Nintendo Switch Lite, launched on September 20, 2019.
Here is a list of the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, according to Nintendo's shipment figures through September 30, 2019:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.28 million
- Splatoon 2 – 9.28 million
- Super Mario Party – 7.59 million
- Pokemon Sword / Shield - 6 million*
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93 million
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.