Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Release Date Announced

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Release Date Announced - News

by Salvatore Fidanza, posted 3 days ago / 5,893 Views

Sony and Activision have announced that Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will be released this June. This compilation remake will feature enhanced visuals, new save and checkpoint systems, and improved bonus levels and time trials. You can view the latest trailer for the game below:

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will release on June 30th exclusively for the PlayStation 4.

Eric2048 (3 days ago)

i hope this sells well so we can continue to have more crash games.

Salnax (3 days ago)

Call me crazy, but I think this will do well. I don't think any big games aiming for a similar market are being released around the same time. And to my knowledge, a lot of the flaws in the originals can be fixed in this remake. Things like better saving and a camera that is adjusted to show more of the level. For $40, this should be a hit.

Dyllyo (3 days ago)

Sooner than I expected! I can't wait to play these. It's probably been nearly 20 years since I've really played a Crash game

John2290 (3 days ago)

Platinum trophy?

Ka-pi96 (2 days ago)

I think 1 is pretty much guaranteed. I'm expecting 3 though...

Ka-pi96 (3 days ago)

Yay for Crash!

Mr Puggsly (3 days ago)

Curious to see if this stays exclusive given its owned by Activision. If it does well that could encourage X1 and Switch ports.

UnderstatedCornHole (2 days ago)

Crash went down the tubes once it became multiplatform. Maybe it was simply incidental and people had enough by that point, that's my view but not the official one.

Ka-pi96 (2 days ago)

It didn't go "down the tubes" because it went multiplatform though. It was because it was being made by subpar devs.

Mr Puggsly (2 days ago)

Right, it went multiplat to sell better and Activision wants a bigger audience than just PS4. So curious to see what happens, maybe Sony pulled a moneyhat.

Ka-pi96 (2 days ago)

Seems like a moneyhat. Just hoping it's a temporary one, would love to see it on Xbox One & PC too :)

Barkley (2 days ago)

Activision doesn't have the rights to do whatever they want with the Naughty Dog crash games. The remaster will stay exclusive, no "moneyhat" was necessary.

Ka-pi96 (2 days ago)

Even if they didn't have the rights before we've no idea what the actual terms Activision/Sony agreed on when coming up with these remakes were. For all we know Activision are able to release them on other platforms as well.

Barkley (2 days ago)

You may be right, the new deal may give Activision the rights to publish the title on other platforms after a certain amount of time however I find this unlikely. Though Puggsly's original statement that sony "pulled a moneyhat" to deny other platforms is silly, the Title wouldn't even be allowed to exist on ANY platform without Sony's co-operation.

Mr Puggsly (2 days ago)

From what I can tell Activision and Various Visions is handling everything, they may not have needed Sony.

Barkley (2 days ago)

They need Sony because Sony still owns the rights to the original PlayStation Crash games. Activision own the IP, but they don't own the original entries. So they could make a new game on their own fine, but if they want to release a remake of the originals they need sony's permission.

Dyllyo (2 days ago)

According to the preorder chart on this site, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a success, before the release date was even announced.

malistix1985 (3 days ago)

Loved the 2nd and 3d game as a kid, the first one was always too hard for me lol, anyway I doubt I will replay it personally because of the old mechanics but I hope this is an indication more Crash is coming in the future!

topolino227 (3 days ago)

Never played it, Day 1 buy for me, really excited since Games like this are really rare now a days. Yeah but even if there will be a new one it also needs a good developer, we saw what happened with Crash when no longer Naughty Dog/Sony was developing the Games but first this need to sell well that they even consider it but i have a really good feeling this will sell really good especially the price point is perfect.