Moss and Moss: Book II are PlayStation VR2 Launch Titles - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 07 December 2022 / 465 Views
Developer Polyarc announced Moss and Moss: Book II will be launch titles for the PlayStation VR2, which is set to launch on February 22, 2023. Pre-orders include a 10 percent discount for PlayStation Plus users.
"Since learning about and getting our hands on PlayStation VR2 hardware earlier this year, we’ve experimented with its new tech features and perfected ways to increase the immersion players feel in the world of Moss," said Polyarc designer Doug Burton.
"Along with that, the team was able to pump even more visual detail into every character and environment with more lighting and texture improvements that make the already stunning environments sing even more on the PlaySTation VR2. Now, millions of new and existing fans can experience the enhanced versions of Moss and Moss: Book II on the latest virtual reality hardware coming to market."
Read details on the game below:
Both Moss and Moss: Book II leverage PlayStation VR2’s hardware technology to enhance players’ first-person immersion with revamped haptic feedback, improved visuals, eye tracking, and new game mechanics.
Features players will experience on the PlayStation VR2 hardware:
- Improved Haptics – Players can now feel the effects of world-shaking events, damaging attacks, and movement throughout the world. This additional head and hands haptic feedback gives the player a greater sense of presence and danger in the game, allowing them to feel even more attached to Quill, the game’s brave young hero who players guide and partner with during the adventure.
- Two-Controller Setup – Playing with two controllers provides a natural feeling, allowing players to express themselves more freely in the world when reaching in to manipulate the environment, interact with Quill, or engage the weapon inventory system during battle.
- Adaptive Triggers – Actions will feel distinct to players as they experience the tension and weight of virtual objects while grabbing and moving them within the world. Breakable pots and barrels now respond to the amount of force being used, breaking apart once they’re squeezed enough to overcome the trigger’s resistance.
- Eye Tracking – Interactive objects now emit a subtle glow when looked at. This allows players to quickly spot interactive objects during puzzles and throughout the game. Eye tracking also informs Quill where players are looking so she can offer hints if she figures something out before them.
- Foveated Rendering and Increased Field of View – Moss and Moss: Book II run at 90 frames per second in 4K, even with the lighting and texture improvements. That, along with the larger field of view, gives players a deeper sense of immersion.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.