Switch Shipments Reach 68.3 Million Units as of September 30, Super Mario 3D All-Stars Sells 5.21 Million - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 04 January 2021 / 2,775 Views
Nintendo has released its latest hardware and software figures for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS through September 30, 2020. Shipments figures for the Nintendo Switch reached 68.30 million units, while the Nintendo 3DS hit 75.94 million units shipped. As for lifetime software 456.49 million Switch games have been shipped and 385.12 million 3DS games.
For the quarter Nintendo shipped 6.86 million Switch units and 49.81 million Switch games. For the last quarter of the 3DS, Nintendo shipped 0.07 million units of the handheld.
Nintendo previously forecasted it will ship 19 million Switch units in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021. However, this has now been increased to 24 million units.
Nintendo reported net sales of ¥769.52 billion, operating income of ¥291.42 billion, and ordinary profit of ¥297.50 billion.
Breaking down Switch shipment figures for April 2020 through September 2020 by region:
- Japan - 2.73 million
- Americas - 4.46 million
- Europe - 3.31 million
- Other - 2.04 million
Breaking down lifetime Switch shipment figures by region:
- Japan - 16.17 million
- Americas - 26.58 million
- Europe - 17.71 million
- Other - 7.81 million
Here are the top 10 best-selling Switch first-party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 28.99 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 21.10 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 19.74 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 19.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.99 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.49 million
- Super Mario Party – 12.10 million
- Splatoon 2 – 11.27 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 8.32 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 5.84 million
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 5.21 million (released September 18)
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 2.82 million (released July 17)
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 1.81 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 7.83 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – 1.40 million
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.