Star Wars Episode I: Racer Headed to PS4 and Switch - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted 2 days ago / 641 Views
Developer Aspyr Media announced Star Wars Episode I: Racer is headed to the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. It first launched for the Nintendo 64 and Windows PC in 1999.
Here is an overview of the game:
The ’90s classic Star Wars Episode I: Racer is coming to Switch and PlayStation 4 complete with modernized controls. A beloved racing title based on the podracing sequence from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode I: Racer puts you behind the controls of your favorite podracers as you speed through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell.
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare.
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration.
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times.
- Split-screen multiplayer (Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Switch).
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.