State of Mind Launches for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC in August - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 20 April 2018 / 896 Views
Publisher Daedalic Entertainment announced the futuristic adventure game, State of Mind, will launch for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam and GOG in August. It will cost 39.99 / €39.99 on consoles and $29.99 / €29.99 on Windows PC.
View the teaser trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
When mind and machine become one – what will remain of humanity?
Berlin, 2048 – The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.
Richard Nolan is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
This domestic drama evolves into a thriller about a worldwide conspiracy, which at its core aims to determine the fate of humanity: Could a perfect digital utopia be the answer? A virtual paradise not affected by material needs and quarrels? Could a super-AI be our savior – or would it simply declare us as dispensable since it could not be taught the value of philanthropy?
What will the world look like after this storm, what will remain of humanity?
- Experience an alarmingly realistic vision of the near future.
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined.
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism.
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters.
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters.
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard’s past.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.