Microsoft: Xbox One has the Best Launch Line-Up 'in Console History' - NewsWilliam D'Angelo, posted on 21 August 2013 / 8,343 Views
Microsoft's Corporate VP Phil Harrison has made a bold statement claiming that the Xbox One has the best launch line-up "in the history of consoles." The Xbox One is launching with 23 games including Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Sone of Rome, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, as well highly rated third party titles, such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, and Battlefield 4.
Microsoft announced at their Gamescom press conference earlier this week that every Xbox One pre-order in Europe will come bundled with a copy of FIFA 14 for free.
"... ultimately it's the games that make Xbox One stand out, and we have the best line-up of games - we think - in the history of consoles," Harrison told Computer and Video Games. "We clearly have strong exclusive games, and we have partnered with EA to bring FIFA to Europe in a very meaningful way. Football in Europe is the sport, and in some countries it's the religion. I think FIFA Ultimate Team is going to be huge."
"The reason we do our own studio investments and investments with third-party publishers is very simple - we want to make sure the best games are on Xbox," Harrison added. "We want to make sure the best developers bring their creativity to our platform."
Here is the launch line-up:
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)