Modern Warfare 3 Smashes Week One Sales Record - NewsMiles Taven , posted on 14 November 2011 / 32,048 Views
After last week's announcement of Modern Warfare 3 debuting to massive first day sales, it should come as no surprise to learn first week sales have topped 12 million units, the biggest launch of all time in the videogame industry.
The Xbox 360 version sold over 7 million units (57%), a milestone no other game on a single SKU has ever passed before. The PS3 version also saw impressive numbers with 4.8 million (39%), whilst the remaining 0.5 million was split between the Wii/PC. Of course, Japanese sales are yet to come and could push the PS3 version to 5 million units, a record in itself. Americas held 63% of sales with the remaining 37% going to EMEAA.