By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Diablo Immortal on Mobile Tops $100 Million in Revenue

Diablo Immortal on Mobile Tops $100 Million in Revenue - News

by William D'Angelo , posted on 28 July 2022 / 1,666 Views

The mobile version of Diablo Immortal has reportedly earned over $100 million in revenue in less than two months on the App Store and Google Play, according to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data.

Diablo Immortal is the second-fastest video game IPs to earn over $100 million taking eight weeks to reach the milestone. The current record was set by Pokémon GO, which took just two weeks to reach the $100 million figure. Fire Emblem Heroes took 10 weeks, Fortnite 12 weeks, and Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire 22 weeks.

Diablo Immortal has ranked as the 13th highest in revenue for a mobile game worldwide and the fourth-highest RPG and second-highest MMORPG, behind  Fantasy Westward Journey.

The game released in China on July 25 and it quickly became the number one most downloaded app on all categories on the Apple Store. 

The US ranks as the number one country for most revenue, followed by South Korea in second, and Japan in third. The App Store accounts for 59 percent of the total revenue, while Google Play accounts for the other 41 percent.


A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012 and taking over the hardware estimates in 2017. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel. You can contact the author on Twitter @TrunksWD.


More Articles

13 Comments
Hiku (on 28 July 2022)

I'm not going to knock mobile games in general, but the fact that Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire even reached $100 million when it's just an asset swap of another game and has little to do with Final Fantasy is pretty sad to see.

  • +8
deerox (on 28 July 2022)

There is no wonder that so many game companies end up making mobile-games.
When they earn so much money with so little effort, who can resist?

  • +5
TruckOSaurus (on 28 July 2022)

This is sad news.

  • +4
KLAMarine (on 28 July 2022)

shrugs
If a mobile game makes someone happy, who am I to tell them they shouldn't play it?

  • +3
KratosLives KLAMarine (on 29 July 2022)

Who said the game made anyone happy?

  • 0
V-r0cK (on 28 July 2022)

It's earnings like these that makes developers question why bother trying when there's too many suckers out there with money to burn.....because I would do the same lol

  • +2
DonFerrari V-r0cK (on 28 July 2022)

I complain about it, but if was my own money I would likely do the same.

  • +2
SanAndreasX (on 29 July 2022)

Sigh.

  • +1
KratosLives (on 29 July 2022)

I'm amazed there isn't a gta online game for mobile.

  • +1
Pinkie_pie (on 28 July 2022)

This isn't accurate. Genshin impact made over 200m by the end if it's launch month

  • 0
The Fury (on 28 July 2022)

I know more people who had Pokemon Go than any of the others listed here combined yet, I can be certain none of them spent money on it. What was the monitisation like in it? No way as strong as DI.

  • 0
DonFerrari The Fury (on 28 July 2022)

Pokemon Go made money by sheer size of userbase. People could buy balls, bag space and the like with money but well it was mostly unnecessary so the game had a good balance.

  • +2
DonFerrari (on 28 July 2022)

A lot more than it deserved imho

  • 0