Switch Shipments Reach 89.04 Million Units as of June 30 - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 05 September 2021 / 2,190 Views
Nintendo has released its latest hardware and software figures for the Nintendo Switch through June 30, 2021. Shipments figures for the Nintendo Switch reached 89.04 million units, while 632.40 million Switch games have been shipped lifetime.
For the quarter Nintendo shipped 4.45 million Switch units (-21.7% year-over-year) and 45.28 million Switch games. The Switch hardware breaks down to 1.59 million units shipped in the Americas, 1.16 million units in Japan, 1.08 million in Europe, and 0.62 million in the rest of the world.
Shipment figures for the regular Nintendo Switch increases 8.3 percent to 3.31 million, while Switch Lite shipment figures dropped 56.7 percent to 1.14 million.
Nintendo for the quarter reported net sales were down 9.9 percent to ¥322.65 billion ($2.94 billion) and an operating profit down 17.3 percent to ¥119.75 ($1.09 billion).
Here are the top 10 best-selling Switch first-party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 37.08 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 33.89 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 24.77 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 23.20 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 21.85 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 21.40 million
- Super Mario Party – 15.72 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 13.57 million
- Splatoon 2 – 12.45 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 11.26 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 6.68 million
- New Pokemon Snap – 2.07 million (New)
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 1.34 million (New)
- Miitopia – 1.04 million (New)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.