Pac-Man 99 Out Now for Switch - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 08 April 2021 / 703 Views
Bandai Namco has released the battle royale game, Pac-Man 99, for the Nintendo Switch. It is available as a free-to-play for Nintendo Switch Online members.
View a trailer of the DLC below:
Read the details on the DLC below:
Deluxe Pack ($29.99)
- Includes “Mode Unlock” and all 20 custom themes.
Mode Unlock ($14.99)
Unlocks the following modes:
- Private Match – Share the password and play against your friends.
- CPU Battle – Set the difficulty level and compete against 98 CPU players.
- Score Attack – Be the fastest to reach a perfect score of 3,333,360 points.
- Blind Time Attack – Complete all 12 rounds within the time limit.
Custom Themes ($1.99 each)
- Cosmo Gang The Video
- Dragon Buster
- The Genji and the Heike Clans
- The Legend of Valkyrie
- Namco Classic 1
- Namco Classic 2
- Namco Classic 3
- Namco Classic 4
- Namco Classic 5
- New Rally-X
- The Return of Ishtar
- Rolling Thunder
- The Tower of Druaga
- Wonder Momo
- Yokai Dochuki
Here is an overview of the game:
It’s an all-new flavor of Pac-Man! Test your chomping chops in a 99-player Pac-Royale!
- A 99-player online Pac-Man battle royale!
- 40 years after the classic Pac-phenomenon rocked the gaming world, Pac-Man is back in a new 99-man battle royale. Get back in the maze and chase down the iconic ghosts. Who will be the last Pac-Man standing?
- Switch between eight different strategies and send Jammer Pac-Man to get in your opponents’ way!
- Eat a Power Pellets to turn the ghosts blue and make them vulnerable. Eat them to send Jammer Pac-Man to your opponents! The more ghosts you eat, the more Jammers you’ll send!
- Eat a Ghost Train for a huge comeback!
- Gain the upper hand by switching between eight different preset strategies: speed up, send extra Jammers, and more. Switching at just the right moment could give you an edge over your rivals!
- Make the game look like your favorite Namco classics!
- You can purchase downloadable custom themes based on Xevious, Galaga, Dig Dug, and more to change the look of the game.
- There are twenty different classic themes in all! Plus, they do more than change the graphics! Check out the sounds too!
- Which classic Namco title is the one for you?
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.