SoulCalibur VI Details Released - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 08 December 2017 / 2,445 Views
Following the announcement of SoulCalibur VI yesterday, Bandai Namco has released the first details of the game.
Read the details below:
History hides away more than one truth…
Soulcalibur VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur to uncover hidden truths. The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. Soulcalibur VI tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease. Soulcalibur VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
- Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
- New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
- Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and
visual fl are.
- Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.
- Gender: Male
- Origin: Bizen, Japan
- Height: 173cm
- Weight: 71kg
- Birthday: June 8
- Blood Type: AB
- Weapon: Japanese Sword
- Weapon Name: Shishi-Oh
- Fighting Style: Shin Tenpu-Kosai-Ryu Kai
- Gender: Female
- Origin: Athens, Ottoman Empire
- Height: 169cm
- Weight: Unknown
- Birthday: March 12
- Blood Type: B
- Weapon: Short Sword and Small Shield
- Weapon Name: Omega Sword & Elk Shield
- Fighting Style: Athenian Style
- Relationships: Achelous (Father), Nike (Mother), Cassandra (Younger Sister), and Lucius (Younger Brother)
■ New System: Reversal Edge
In Soulcalibur VI, “Reversal Edge” is a new battle system that integrates both offense and defense. Once a Reversal Edge is activated, you can continuously defend against the opponent’s techniques to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on the opponent’s actions. When a Reversal Edge hits, you can enjoy a powerful production like a scene from an action movie highlighted by a dynamic camera.
Soulcalibur VI will launch for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam in 2018.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.