Voxel-Based PixARK is Set in the ARK: Survival Evolved World - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 26 January 2018 / 1,829 Views
Snail Games has announced an open world voxel-based sandbox game set in the world of ARK: Survival Evolved called PixARK. It will launch for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC in 2018.
The game will first launch on Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access in March.
View the latest trailer below:
Here is an overview of the game:
In PixARK, a group of players wake up on a mysterious island, only to find themselves stranded. To survive, they must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops and build shelters to protect themselves from dinosaurs, natural hazards and potentially hostile human players. Using skills and the natural resources around them, players must tame or kill vicious creatures and learn to travel between worlds to uncover the mysteries that surround them.
PixARK is an open world voxel-based sandbox survival game bringing a new take on the world of ARK: Survival Evolved. The game will feature:
- Single player and online multiplayer
- The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
- Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
- Character progression and customization
- Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
- Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
- More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more
- Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.