PlayStation 4 Release Date in Japan Announced - NewsWilliam D'Angelo, posted on 11 September 2013 / 9,800 Views
Sony announced at their SCEJA Press Conference that the PlayStation 4 won't hit store shelves in Japan until February 22, 2014. This is the first time Sony has not released a console first in Japan. The PlayStation 4 will cost 38,980 yen and 43,980 yen with a PlayStation Eye camera.
According to Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan president Hiroshi Kawano the reason for the later launch in Japan is to make sure Japanese-centric titles will be available on day one.
Sony has focused on the western markets with the PlayStation 4 announcing the release dates for North America and Europe at Gamescom and focusing on games for those markets. The PlayStation 4 will first launch in North America on November 15, followed by Europe on November 29.
Here is the launch line-up in Japan:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Square Enix)
- Doki-Doki Universe (SCE) – Download-only
- Dream Club: Host Girls On Stage (D3 Publisher) – Download-only
- Driveclub (SCE)
- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (Tecmo Koei)
- FIFA 14 (EA)
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test (Square Enix)
- Hohokum (SCE) – Download-only
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE)
- Knack (SCE)
- Natural Doctrine (Kadokawa Games)
- Nikoli Puzzle 4 Sudoku (Hamster) – Download-only
- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus (Arc System Works) – Download-only
- Resogun (SCE) – Download-only
- Strider (Capcom)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
- Yakuza: Ishin (Sega)