Final Fantasy XVI Announced for PS5 and PC

Final Fantasy XVI Announced for PS5 and PC - News

Square Enix and Creative Business Unit III during the PlayStation 5 showcase event today announced the next all-new standalone single-player action RPG in the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy XVI, for the PlayStation 5 and PC. It is a PS5 console exclusive.

View the announcement trailer below:

Bandorr (2 days ago)

And it looked good. Medieval FF sounds interesting as well. No date though. So probably a heavy wait.

Eric2048 (2 days ago)

I just hope this isn't a solo adventure with just one character. Where are my party members?

The Fury (2 days ago)

The setting is great, the game looks good. I look forward to it in 2025.

Zkuq (2 days ago)

It you look at the end of the trailer embedded here, it says 'Not available on other platforms for a limited time after release on PS5.', with no further information about platforms. Unless proved otherwise, I'd actually treat it as a timed exclusive coming to other console platforms, i.e. Xbox, as well.

JWeinCom (2 days ago)

I'm really not feeling this. It seems to take a lot of inspiration from WRPGs like Witcher... and since a lot of people like those games, I guess it's good for those folks. I'm just not one of them.

Moseskyle83 (2 days ago)

I don't know why but after 15 which I kinda enjoyed but then spoiled with the remake of 7 for some reason this game doesn't excite me like I thought it would, maybe I wanted or hoped they might throw us a turn based one just to remind us of its roots or maybe it's just the trailer did this game no justice but hay with this game not coming out till 2025 I might change my mind as more trailers drop

NobleTeam360 (2 days ago)

I actually liked what I saw from the trailer. Here's hoping we aren't waiting a decade to play it.

AFattyGamer (2 days ago)

Didn't like the fact the gameplay eas captured on PC and emulated on PS5. Like come on Sony, we wantes to see in game PS5 FOOTAGE. However still huge this will be console exclusive to Sony PS5.

ClassicGamingWizzz (2 days ago)

Mixed feelings about it, need to see it in 4k, all character models look kinda Boring and not very good ...

Pemalite (2 days ago)

Interesting if it's just a timed exclusive or an actual exclusive like the trailer implies...

Chazore (2 days ago)

I don't mind the setting, but visually it looks dated to me. That being said, if it's going to come to PC later after PS5, I'll just wait till it's bargain bin prices, because sod that.

SanAndreasX (2 days ago)

Looks awesome. Definitely getting a PS5.

PAOerfulone (2 days ago)

Well, guess now's as good a time as any to get back into Final Fantasy. Since this trailer got me in the mood. It's been over a year since I beat X, so it's about time I jump into X-2.