Ghost of Tsushima Outsells Paper Mario to Top the Japanese Charts - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 23 July 2020 / 2,666 Views
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) has debuted at the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 212,915 Units, according to Famitsu for the week ending July 19.
Paper Mario: The Origami King (NS) debuted in second with sales of 109,092 units. Together! The Battle Cats Game & Pouch Set (NS) debuted in ninth with sales of 9,725 units.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) is up one spot to third place with sales of 71,897 units. Ring Fit Adventure (NS) is in fourth with sales of 36,183 units.
Eight of the top 10 are games for the Nintendo Switch, while two are for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 113,197 units sold. The PlayStation 4 sold 4,523 units, the 3DS sold 903 units, and the Xbox One sold 31 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima (SIE, 07/17/20) – 212,915 (New)
- [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo, 07/17/20) – 109,092 (New)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 71,897 (5,186,283)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 36,183 (1,173,243)
- [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (Konami, 07/09/20) – 29,719 (124,595)
- [PS4] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 (Konami, 07/09/20) – 26,951 (118,498)
- [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics (Nintendo, 06/05/20) – 20,586 (235,891)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 10,031 (3,035,989)
- [NSW] Together! The Battle Cats Game & Pouch Set (Ponos, 07/16/20) – 9,725 (New)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 7,834 (3,662,804)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.