Octopath Traveler Tops 2 Million Units Shipped - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 07 April 2020 / 2,561 Views
Square Enix announced Octopath Traveler has shipped over two million units worldwide. The figure also includes digital sales.
To celebrate the milestone, Square Enix has discounted the digital version of the game worldwide by 50 percent for the Nintendo Switch and Steam.
Here is an overview of the game:
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play. Embark on an epic journey across the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra and discover the captivating stories of each of the eight travelers.
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
- Use each character's distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world
Octopath Traveler launched for the Nintendo Switch in July 2018 and Windows PC via Steam in June 2019.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.