Halo 5: Guardians Sells an Estimated 1.46M First Week - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 20 November 2015 / 29,336 Views
Halo 5: Guardians sold 1,457,849 units first week worldwide at retail, according to our own estimates, which can be viewed on the VGChartz Global Weekly Chart for the week ending October 31st.
Breaking down the sales by region, the game comfortably sold best in the US, with 930,385 units sold (64%), compared to 361,963 units sold in Europe (25%).
Looking more closely at Halo 5: Guardians' European sales, it sold 157,895 units in the UK, 45,003 units in Germany, and 55,647 units in France.
Here is how Halo 5: Guardians' first week sales compare to other games in the franchise*:
- Halo 3 (X360) - 3.81 million
- Halo: Reach (X360) - 3.70 million
- Halo 4 (X360) - 3.66 million
- Halo 3: ODST (X360) - 2.21 million
- Halo 5: Guardians (XOne) - 1.46 million
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XOne) - 0.90 million
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (X360) - 0.73 million
- Halo Wars (X360) - 0.60 million
Halo 5: Guardians launched worldwide on October 27th exclusively for the Xbox One.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.