Quantcast
PlayStation 5 Will Have A 4K Blu-Ray Player - VGChartz
PlayStation 5 Will Have A 4K Blu-Ray Player

PlayStation 5 Will Have A 4K Blu-Ray Player - News

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan earlier announced the next generation PlayStation will unsurprisingly be called the PlayStation 5 and it will launch in Holiday 2020.

PlayStation 5 system architect Mark Cerny speaking exclusively with WIRED revealed the console will come with an optical drive that can play 100GB optical disks. It is a 4K Blu-ray player that can also play 4K Blu-ray movies.

The PlayStation 5 coming with a 4K Blue-ray drive isn't a surprise.

deskpro2k3 (6 days ago)

Oh snap!!

StreaK (5 days ago)

Damn, I couldn't care less about bigger more open world games. In fact, I'm more excited about STreets of Rage 4 than anything that could be coming out for PS5 at launch lol. That IS the truth. So yeah, more games like Streets of Rage 4 please. More arcade games like Ridge Racer at launch, please. To me, the greatest thing they can do right now to save time and money is just go back in time and make retro games feel new again. Classic games with perfect HD visuals and sound. That's the way to go, I think.

DonFerrari (5 days ago)

That is one reason I liked when Sony made remakes.

Mr Puggsly (6 days ago)

Not that surprising, Xbox One has had it for years. I'm sure going that route is also cheaper than moving to some new tech. Frankly, MP content doesn't need to be on discs anymore. Updates often make much of the MP content on a disc useless. All games should make MP and campaign content optional installs. Lastly, maybe games can use more compression if SSDs are going to be standard along with vastly superior CPUs.

venomcarnage (6 days ago)

I do not even wanna think about the cost to make games this generation and with that cost the monetization is probably gonna be insane.

CuCabeludo (6 days ago)

Games will be much bigger. I see next gen open world games breaking the 200GB size mark.

DonFerrari (6 days ago)

Perhaps with this more 4K movies releases in Brazil.

Evilms (6 days ago)

100 GB so triple layer optical disk.

DonFerrari (6 days ago)

Wouldn't it be 4 layers? I remember 25GB being single and 50 being double. Strange that the third layer offers as much capacity as the 2 before.

Evilms (5 days ago)

25 GB it's for the classic bluray disk, the 4K bluray is 33 GB per layer.