XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free DLC Announced - News/ 1,141 Views
After two sets of paid DLC (one of which was free if purchasing the game new), XCOM: Enemy Unknown has another set of DLC coming its way, but this time it's free. Dubbed "Second Wave", this DLC pack is described by XCOM lead designer Jake Solomon as a way to increase the game's replayability.
"Second Wave" will achieve this by adding a series of optional perks to XCOM's singleplayer campaign. These are:
- Damage Roulette: Gives weapons a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomizes council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Randomizes starter stats for rookies.
- Hidden Potential: Promoted soldiers' stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: Flanking shots now guarantee a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increases the cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Though the previous DLC sets offered new characters, missions, and cosmetic changes, this free DLC will extend the playlife of the strategy game, described by Solomon as a way for players to "mod the game themselves."
Free DLC for one of the best games of last year? I'll take it.
There are no comments to display.