Writers Guild of America Announces Noms for Best Game Writing of 2012 - News/ 1,251 Views
- 007 Legends - Written By Bruce Feirstein; Activision
- Assassin’s Creed III - Story By Alex Hutchinson, Corey May, Matt Turner; Multiplayer Story By Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Scriptwriter Corey May; Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood, Russell Lees, Matt Turner, Danny Wallace, Ceri Young; Ubisoft
- Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation - Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft
- Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Writing Consultant Marv Wolfman; Disney Interactive Studios
- Halo 4 - Narrative Design Christopher Schlerf; Microsoft Studios
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Written By John Garvin; Sony Computer Entertainment America
Alright, now before we get our jimmies rustled and grab our pitchforks, we need to remember that the WGA award only nominates games whose writers "have been or have applied to become members of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus at the time scripts were submitted.” Lots of game writers don't do that with their games, hence the....questionable nominations above. So unfortunately, that means no Spec Ops, no Mass Effect, and no Max Payne.
That's not to discredit the WGA nominations, who all have pretty solid narratives to back themselves up (I mean, at least 007 Legends is based on some movies, so I guess it has that going for it, right?).
Of course, if you disagree with these choices, you could always check out our 2012 award for Best Gaming Narrative.
There are no comments to display.