THQ Dissolved, Properties Sold to Publishers - News/ 2,457 Views
THQ has officially closed its doors, and its various studios and game properties have been sold off to a variety of publishers in an auction yesterday. Here's a list of all the auctioned properties:
- Homefront: $500,000 (Crytek)
- Metro: $5.8 million (Koch Media)
- South Park: $3.2 million (Ubisoft)
- Relic: $26.6 million (Sega)
- THQ Montreal: $2.5 million (Ubisoft)
- Evolve: $11 million (Take Two)
- Volition: $22.3 million (Koch Media)
Yesterday, South Park Studios disputed the inclusion of the South Park license in the auction. However, since the property is now sold to Ubisoft, we can only assume that the issue was resolved.
It makes sense that Homefront would end up at Crytek, since the publisher/developer is also currently developing a sequel to the 2011 shooter.
Vigil Games, a former subsidiary of THQ and minds behind the Darksiders franchise, is reportedy still looking for a buyer.
What do you guys think of these sales? Did all your favorite THQ properties find the right homes? Discuss in the comments.
[Source: Distressed Debt Investing]
There are no comments to display.