By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Rocksmith Sells 1.4M Units, 3M Songs Downloaded - News

by William D'Angelo , posted on 04 June 2013 / 4,962 Views

Ubisoft has announced that its music game, Rocksmith, has sold 1.4 million units to date. Users have also purchased the 143 DLC songs three million times.

A study has also been conducted and shows that Rocksmith is the fastest way to learn how to play guitar. 95 percent of Rocksmith players have said the game has improved their guitar playing skills.

"We’re thrilled with the results," said Tony Key, US senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. "These studies confirm our view that Rocksmith is a huge success at teaching players real guitar skills that are highly effective, enjoyable, and will last them a lifetime."

Rocksmith teaches users how to play the guitar. The title launched in October 2011 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.


More Articles

8 Comments
Barozi (on 05 June 2013)

400k overtracked :/

  • +2
Zappykins (on 06 June 2013)

I'm still thinking about getting this someday.

  • 0
PullusPardus (on 05 June 2013)

The easiest way to learn guitar is just play it until you make a rhythm by then you learned about 70% the other 30% is reading music, tuning, added techniques.

  • 0
MANUELF (on 05 June 2013)

That is wayy too much, I have seen the game in bomba bins

  • 0
Rafux (on 04 June 2013)

This is bullshit, is way easier to learn from some of the other methods online. The Rocksmith software is badly designed.

  • 0
Panama (on 04 June 2013)

Contemplating getting this for PC. How difficult is it to hook up an acoustic guitar to play this?

  • 0
ListerOfSmeg Panama (on 05 June 2013)

You cant. It only has a plug for electric guitars.

  • -1
ListerOfSmeg Panama (on 05 June 2013)

Not sure why someone disagreed with me. The USB plug in goes in the amp plug on an electric guitar.

  • 0