Switch Ships 103.54 Million Units as of December 2021 - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 03 February 2022 / 4,827 Views
Nintendo has released its latest hardware and software figures for the Nintendo Switch through December 31, 2021. Shipments figures for the Nintendo Switch reached 103.54 million units, while 766.41 million Switch games have been shipped lifetime.
For the quarter Nintendo shipped 10.67 million Switch units and 85.41 million Switch games. The Switch hardware breaks down to 3.80 million units shipped in the Americas, 3.38 million units in Europe, 2.29 million in Japan, and 1.20 million in the rest of the world.
The regular Nintendo switch model accounts for 81.68 million units of the 103.54 million Switch consoles shipped worldwide. The Switch Lite accounts for 17.87 million units and the Switch OLED accounts for 3.99 million units.
Nintendo has lowered its forecast for the quarter ending March 31, 2022 by one million to 23.00 million Switch consoles due to the chip shortages. This would mean four million Switch consoles shipped in the quarter ending March 31, 2022 for a lifetime shipment total of 107.59 million units.
Nintendo for the nine month period reported net sales were down six percent to ¥1,320.22 billion ($11.49 billion) and an operating profit down 9.3 percent to ¥472.55 billion ($4.11 billion).
Here are the top 10 best-selling Switch first-party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 43.35 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 37.62 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 27.40 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 25.80 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 23.90 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.02 million
- Super Mario Party – 17.39 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 14.33 million
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Pokemon Shining Pearl – 13.97 million - NEW
- Ring Fit Adventure – 13.53 million
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 11.04 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 8.85 million
- Mario Party Superstars – 5.43 million - New
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – 3.85 million
- Metroid Dread – 2.74 million (New)
- New Pokemon Snap – 2.36 million
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 2.26 million
- Miitopia – 1.63 million
- Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain – 1.28 million - New
- WarioWare: Get It Together! – 1.24 million
- Game Builder Garage – 1.01 million
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.