Call of Duty Has Been the Best-Selling Game in the US in 10 of the Last 12 Years - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 01 September 2021 / 1,364 Views
NPD Executive Director and Video Game Industry Advisor Mat Piscatella has revealed the best-selling video game in the US by year in terms of dollar sales going back to 2009.
Call of Duty has been highest earner in the US for 10 of the last 12 years, while two Rockstar Games - Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption II - as the top earners in 2013 and 2018, respectively.
The list of best-selling games in the US by Piscatella was in response to him predicting Call of Duty: Vanguard as the best-selling game for this year.
Here is the list of best-selling games in the US by year in terms of dollar sales:
- 2009 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 2010 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 2011 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 2012 - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 2013 - Grand Theft Auto V
- 2014 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 2015 - Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 2016 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- 2017 - Call of Duty: WWII
- 2018 - Red Dead Redemption II
- 2019 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- 2020 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
'16 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare— Mat Piscatella (@MatPiscatella) August 17, 2021
'17 Call of Duty: WWII
'18 Red Dead Redemption II
'19 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
'20 Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Anyone want to predict 2021's best-selling game?
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.