By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Coulthard (former Formula 1 racer) beats Gran Turismo 5 gamer in a race by 0.5 seconds.

Tagged games:

I thought this was pretty cool when I first heard about it. But the story goes that David Coulthard drove the top gear track at exactly the same time a number of racers took on the gt5 version of said track and won by 0.5 seconds.

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/09/09/david-coulthard-pips-gran-turismo-gamers-by-half-a-second/#comment-322190

Wow! so much win right here if you really think about it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

GO CUBEHEAD

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gran Turismo is friggin' incredible. Shows how accurate the in game is, damn. And that contest is pretty sweet.

That's just crazy impressive!

Machina said:

Talking of GT and Top Gear... I remember, ages ago on Top Gear (around GT 3's release I think?), when Jeremy Clarkson raced around the real version of one of the tracks in the game and attempted to beat a lap time posted in the game using the same car. That was great. Was pretty close too iirc.

Close?

If you mean when he drove a Honda NSX round that American track (the one with the famous "corkscrew" turn... can't recall the track name*) he got no where near his in game time.... I think he did a 1:40 ish in game (how many attempts it took I don't know, the show seemed to indicate he only had the one go, if that's true then I assume he had played before) but after hours had only scraped under 2:00 in real life.

*Laguna Seca!... that was the track.

edit: ok google helped me find out it was 1:41 in game and he finished with a 1:57 in real life.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Machina said:

Talking of GT and Top Gear... I remember, ages ago on Top Gear (around GT 3's release I think?), when Jeremy Clarkson raced around the real version of one of the tracks in the game and attempted to beat a lap time posted in the game using the same car. That was great. Was pretty close too iirc.

Close?

If you mean when he drove a Honda NSX round that American track (the one with the famous "corkscrew" turn... can't recall the track name*) he got no where near his in game time.... I think he did a 1:40 ish in game (how many attempts it took I don't know, the show seemed to indicate he only had the one go, if that's true then I assume he had played before) but after hours had only scraped under 2:00 in real life.

*Laguna Seca!... that was the track.

edit: ok google helped me find out it was 1:41 in game and he finished with a 1:57 in real life.

Let's talk about gt5 instead:

freak'n awsume

I am impressed.

sounds good,well done DC shame that guy missed out on brasil interlagos or maybe not i don't know

and *motor sport commentator jonathan legard* not anymore thank god >_

Above & Beyond

That's Sparta!