Crusader Kings III Sales Top 1 Million Units - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 17 November 2020 / 2,675 Views
Paradox Interactive CEO Ebba Ljungerud has announced in its latest earnings report the strategy game, Crusader Kings III, has sold over one million units since it launched on September 1.
Considering the game is also available on Game Pass for PC it makes the sales milestone even more impressive.
"The third quarter of the year has for us to a large extent been about the launch of Crusader Kings III," said Ljungerud. "Crusader Kings III is the third edition of our successful Grand Strategy franchise based on a player’s personal journey through the Middle Ages. When the review embargo was released shortly before launch, the game received an aggregate score of 91/100 on Metacritic, which is a collected rating of industry and gaming media reviews. It is our highest rating ever on Metacritic and it is, of course, extremely positive, but what makes me happiest of all is that the game was received with remarkable enthusiasm by our players. Over 19,000 reviews on Steam and over 1,000,000 units sold paints a clear picture: We have created a really good game!"
View a trailer of the game below:
Here is an overview of the game:
An Heir is Born
Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made. Crusader Kings III is the heir to a long legacy of historical grand strategy experiences and arrives with a host of new ways to ensure the success of your royal house.
- Choose a royal or noble house from a number of realms on a map that stretches from Iceland to India, from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa.
- Guide a dynasty through the centuries, ensuring the security and power of each new generation. Gather new lands and titles to cement your legacy.
- Be a pious king to bring the religious powers to your side, or strike out on your own, designing your own splinter religion and earning everlasting fame or eternal damnation.
- Knights, peasant revolts, pilgrimages, Viking raiders…experience the drama and pageantry of the Middle Ages.
- Adopt one of five different lifestyles, perfecting your skills in military strategy or kingdom management.
- Acquire character traits that will guide your actions, but beware if you act against your nature! The stress from denying your truest self could bring a new host of troubles!
- Choose appropriate guardians for your heirs, or train them yourself. But what do you do if the legal heir is not quite up to the job?
- Violent characters may develop a fearsome reputation, cowering your timid subjects into obedience with the dread you inspire.
- Recruit man-at-arms units and powerful knights to supplement your royal levies.
- Research new technologies to increase the wealth and military might of your realm.
- Hire mercenaries and Holy Orders for your major wars.
- Supplement your income with ransomed prisoners or raiding parties on neighboring realms.
- Use your spymaster to discover plots against your dynasty and your rule.
- Recruit agents to assist your schemes to undermine or murder anyone who stands between you and power.
- Seduce other characters for love or political power.
- Gather information for blackmailing purposes or call in favors whenever your plans need an extra bit of influence.
Crusader Kings III is available now for PC via Steam and Game Pass for PC.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.