Report: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Had Biggest Launch Ever for a Switch Game in Japan - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 23 March 2020 / 3,265 Views
Nintendo on Friday released Animal Crossing: New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch. The game has already set records in the UK as its launch was 3.5 times bigger than the launch of the last major release in the franchise, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and had a bigger launch the every other Animal Crossing game combined.
It is now being reported by Geo Corporation that game has set a record in Japan for the biggest opening weekend ever for a Nintendo Switch game. The biggest ever openings for a Switch game in Japan includes Pokemon Sword and Shield with 1.36 million units sold and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with 1.22 million units sold.
Here is an overview of Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
If the hustle and bustle of modern life’s got you down, Tom Nook has a business venture up his sleeve that he knows you’ll adore: his brand-new, ultra-exclusive Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package!
Sure, you’ve crossed paths with colourful characters near and far. Had a grand old time as one of the city folk. May’ve even turned over a new leaf and dedicated yourself to public service! But deep down, isn’t there a part of you that just longs for…freedom? A chance to do what you want, when you want? Then perhaps a long walk on the beach of a deserted island, where a rich wealth of untouched nature awaits, is just what the doctor ordered!
Peaceful creativity and charm await as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be.
Collect resources and craft everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb as you interact with flowers and trees in new ways. Set up a homestead where the rules of what goes indoors and out no longer apply.
Make friends with new arrivals, enjoy the seasons, pole-vault across rivers as you explore, and more!
- Customise your character and home, and decorate the landscape (with furniture, if you like!), as you create your very own island paradise.
- Experience a robust new crafting system – collect materials to construct everything from furniture to tools!
- Enjoy a variety of relaxing activities like gardening, fishing, decorating, interacting with charming NPCs, and more, as classic Animal Crossing experiences come to life in fun new ways within the deserted-island setting.
- Up to eight players can reside on an island; four residents of the same island can play together simultaneously on a single system.
- Eight players can play together on one player’s island via online multiplayer or local wireless.
Your new home is still being prepared – why not check out these other Animal Crossing games until it's time to move in?!
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.