By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Launch Trailer "Scanned", is out now!

Tagged games:

Did you like the trailer?

Yes 60 88.24%

No 3 4.41%

In between 5 7.35%

Total:68

How did Halo's famed protagonist the Master Chief become the mighty alien-fighting super soldier we know him to be?

The launch trailer for the highly anticipated "Halo 4" game -- revealed Thursday night on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon -- gives us a glimpse of the sci-fi warrior's painful past ... as well as a look at the new enemy he'll be facing in his next game: the Promethians.

Produced by Academy Award-winning director David Fincher and directed by Tim Miller (the visual effects lead for the film "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World") the trailer mixes live action performances with computer generated imagery as it gives us glimpses of various points during the life of Master Chief.

Microsoft revealed last week that it had brought on Hollywood heavy hitters Fincher -- known for helming films such as "The Social Network," "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "Fight Club" -- and Miller to work with the game's developers at 343 Industries to create the two-minute trailer.

Below is the trailer that they created. It is called "Scanned."

Around the Network

Awesome, they went back to the beginning where he was chosen and cloned. Brilliant.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

OMFG

This is incredible, Game of the Year

DirtyP2002 said:
Awesome, they went back to the beginning where he was chosen and cloned. Brilliant.

What about that huge bastard that was scanning the Chief (The Didact I reckon), he must have been taller than a Hunter!

Awesome trailer indeed, that's 5 for 5 now.

Around the Network

Amazing trailer. It was great watching scenes and then remembering them happen just like that in the book.

Btw, this should go without saying but DO NOT read any of the Youtube comments because they are completely filled with spoilers. I scroll down for one second, not even meaning to look at any comments, and I'm hit with a spoiler. Do not suffer my fate.

Yep that has to be the Diadect scanning Chief. Hes freaking massive though, and I agree I love how they show the chief as a child and his clone replacing him.

343 is REALLY delving deep into the lore of the franchise and I love it

BenVTrigger said:
Yep that has to be the Diadect scanning Chief. Hes freaking massive though, and I agree I love how they show the chief as a child and his clone replacing him.

343 is REALLY delving deep into the lore of the franchise and I love it

I hate myself for saying this because I love Bungie, but I am extremely gratefull 343 has taken over the helm! You're going to have a bitch of a time updating your lore thread.

Pre Orders will now riseeee!

Such an amazing launch trailer!

Diadact confirmed!

Awesome vid, follows the Fall of Reach very closely.