By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Too many games to choose from.

Tagged games:

Which one?

Dark Souls 9 12.68%

Mario Galaxy 26 36.62%

999 11 15.49%

Other 7 9.86%

I just want to see a picture of your wife. 18 25.35%

Total:71

From a recent post, I've announced that I've beaten Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1.  Currently, I'm flying through a second playthru to grab the few things I've missed.  But after that, I'm going to have to choose.  My choices are:

1) Dark Souls (yes, the first one): Playing a dark and gritty real time rpg would be a great contrast to the turned-base, light hearted and colorful Neptunia.  FYI, I've played and beaten Demon's Souls.

2) Mario Galaxy: This one will be easy to play in from of my daughter (shes's 5).  Something like Dark Souls would be too dark and dreary for her.  But then again, she has watched me play a lot of Skyrim.  Still knowing Demon's Souls, Dark Souls doesn't compare to Skyrim from an atmosphere standpoint.

3) 999: Because I just ordered Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (VITA), I need to get caught up by playing 999 on my DSiXL.  It could be that "late-at-night-in-bed" thing.  But there is also my mature German brunette wife.

The issues we face in a first world country.

Around the Network

Good choices!

First of all, all three are great. I highly recommend you play all three eventually.

I would start with 999 or Dark Souls, since both have two sequels. Those will both take a lot of time, though. If you want to get all the endings in 999 - and you DO want to get all the endings - it could take as many as 20 hours.

I'd tell you to go play Dark Souls as it is one of the best games ever. But at the same time I'd rather tell you to go play 999 as it features one of the most thought-provoking, well-written interactive stories ever.

Here's a pic of Junpei scratching his head to convince you.

Yes, you should definitely play 999 before jumping into the rest of the series. It's quite long, so take your time, but it is so worth it.

Other - Get Rogue Legacy on the Vita if you haven't already finished it!

Get that and platinum it, because it is just gaming perfection on the little handheld that could.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

Get that and platinum it, because it is just gaming perfection on the little handheld that could.

I bought that game twice and never could get into, first time I already gave up in the first city, ten years later on PS4 I gave up on the second planet.

konnichiwa said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I bought that game twice and never could get into, first time I already gave up in the first city, ten years later on PS4 I gave up on the second planet.

You sir are thinking of the wrong game!

Rogue Legacy is the game where you play a series of heirs to an adventurer who ventured into a castle, as his children you take it in turns to enter to find out what became of each of your fathers before you back to Johannas the first adventurer.

It's the game there is a video of me playing in my signature :)

There are no cities or planets, just some venders and a castle which auto regenerates each time you die and choose a new child to play on as (unless you lock down the castle with an ability)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
konnichiwa said:

You sir are thinking of the wrong game!

Rogue Legacy is the game where you play a series of heirs to an adventurer who ventured into a castle, as his children you take it in turns to enter to find out what became of each of your fathers before you back to Johannas the first adventurer.

It's the game there is a video of me playing in my signature :)

There are no cities or planets, just some venders and a castle which auto regenerates each time you die and choose a new child to play on as (unless you lock down the castle with an ability)

Yeah Rogue Galaxy, I always mix those two up..X_X..  BTW I love Rogue Legacy XD.

To be honest, you cant go wrong with any of the three.All excellent games and all should be played eventually.

But if you were me, I would go for 999.In my opinion the best game of the three, and has one of the best stories ever told.I mean, you could easily replace a excellent book for this game, since it would probably be better.Go for it, you wont be dissapointed.And dont worry about your wife.You are married to her now, she wont try to run from you if you miss one or two intimate nights.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

3) 999: Because I just ordered Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (VITA), I need to get caught up by playing 999 on my DSiXL.  It could be that "late-at-night-in-bed" thing.  But there is also my mature German brunette wife.

The issues we face in a first world country.

999 is a great game but you should not play it just before sleeping; it's not good for you health.  The same can be said to smartphones/tablets/e-readers/anything projecting blue light.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/q-a-why-is-blue-light-before-bedtime-bad-for-sleep/

Fortunately, you have a partner =)

Ah... the games... I would pick Mario Galaxy (but all three are great).