By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Think First Person Shooter & Zombies Games Becoming Oversaturated Or Overdone Nowaday ?

Tagged games:

Which Genre You Think Is Being Overdone ?

MOBA 11 21.57%

MMORPG 2 3.92%

First Person Shooter 26 50.98%

Zombie Games 6 11.76%

Third Person Shooter 1 1.96%

Text Based Adeventure 2 3.92%

RPG 1 1.96%

Total:49

I miss the golden age of gaming which is in the PS1,N64,Gamecube & PS2 era where we have a lot of awesome RPG games and so many 2d and 3d platform games like  Legend Of Legaia,Suikoden,Valkyrie Profile,Dark Cloud,Banjo Kazooie,Conker Bad Fur Day,Spyro,Sly,Jax & Daxter,Crash Bandicoot,Ratcher & Clank and many more innovative games. Games like this make me wish i had my old console to play all this wonderful games ( thanks god for emulator ). 

However it seems when it comes to the PS3,Xbox 360,Wii U,PS4,Xbox One era. There has been too many FPS games and zombies games being released. We got FPS games like Killzone,Halo,Call Of Duty,Battlefield,Homefront,Crysis & Medal Of Honor. We got zombies game like Dead Island,State Of Decay,Resident Evil,Final Exam,Zombie U,Dying Light & Dead Rising. Dont even get me started with indie games. Sure they are some great indie games,but if you go to website like Moddb,there is way too many generic zombie and FPS games that tried to copy other games and felt like they barely put any effort into it. Developer thought by making more FPS games & zombies games,they could sell a lot of copies thinking they can reach the sales of COD and also thought we gamers have no standard and just buy any FPS game and zombie game they shoved us in.

I could also say the same with MMORPG & MOBA games too. Ever since games like WOW,Dota,LOL,Phantasy Star Online came out,a lot of developer just like shamelessly rip-off from other games instead of putting their own idea by making it special and different from any other online game. We got games like TERA which is a rip-off from Vindictus and games like HON which is a rip-off from LOL & Dota.

Games nowaday started to becoming less innovative and just rehash the same things with each new installments being released. Game developer studio don't put much effort into the game and just keep shoehorning us DLC ( this doesn't mean it apply to all recent game developer studio,developer like rockstar games,naughty dog,ubisoft,EA,bethesda,2k games have a lot of variety games and just don't focus into one genre )

So what do you guys think ? Is  First Person Shooter & Zombies Games Becoming Oversaturated Or Overdone Nowaday ?

Around the Network

Sounds like you just like a different genre of games than that. Possibly 3D platformers are your style from what it sounds like.

Also there are far more RPG's that are released than zombie games and fps games. Typically Jrpg games.

I wouldn't say any genre is overdone. I would say that there are good and bad games in every genre.

I think both of those genres are equally mum. However, that's beside the point.
Yes, I think are being overdone.

Also, I would like to ask why "Text Based Adventure" is in the OP? Aren't those ancient?

I think JRPGs and RPGs are overdone.

Another thread complaining about a particular genre taking the frontseat within a particular generation? Really?

Welcome to 1986 I guess.

Around the Network

you forgot the first xbox in the golden age

FPS games have definitely become waaaaaay too saturated.

]

TheEspionage said:
Sounds like you just like a different genre of games than that. Possibly 3D platformers are your style from what it sounds like.

Also there are far more RPG's that are released than zombie games. Typically Jrpg games.

I wouldn't say any genre is overdone. I would say that there are good and bad games in every genre.

Nah i like RPG games more than 3D platform but still i would play old 3D platform games from times to times ( not knack though cause that game for me is kinda meh ). 

At least RPG games is much more fun to play and have way more replaybility than zombie games unless that games have way too much grinding level then i wouldn't even bother to play it.

Nah i don't think so. Gamers would buy anything that is zombie game and FPS game regardless how bad the game is and how bad the review were given. They just like to mindlessly shoot people and killing zombie cause it seem more enjoyable when compare to RPG games,text based adventure,puzzle game.

STRYKIE said:
Another thread complaining about a particular genre taking the frontseat within a particular generation? Really?

Welcome to 1986 I guess.

If you don't like it,why you even here brah and even bother comment here ? I just wanted to hear the opinion from other gamer what they think about nowaday genre.

NintendoPie said:
I think both of those genres are equally mum. However, that's beside the point.
Yes, I think are being overdone.

Also, I would like to ask why "Text Based Adventure" is in the OP? Aren't those ancient?

My bad was meant to put point & click games. I just confused with text based adventure with point & click games.