By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

As far as I know, it is a well known "fact" that casuals only bought wii sports for the wii, and then left the system on the shelf, never buying any game afterwards, except maybe Wii fit. Now, it's also said that few hardcores bough the system, and most of those sold the system after playing only wii sports and though it was crap and sold the system, or they bought maybe a few Nintendo first party games, so who bought the leftovers?

I mean, 869.06 divided by 99.84 is 8.71. In other words, there is an average of 8.71 games sold per wii (a few of the games are on store shelves, but so are a few of the systems). So if "core" games only bought a few games, if more than just buying the system with wii sports and then not buying anymore, and casual gamers bought just a few games too, then who bought all those games to get the average to 8.71?  

Around the Network

well i have bought over 100 Wii games. So hardcore Nintendo fans lol/

Don't come here and try and use logic!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Cobretti2 said:
well i have bought over 100 Wii games. So hardcore Nintendo fans lol/

How many do you think bought than many games? Besides, these kinds of gamers excists on other platforms, like the ps3 too. And if I remember right, they have about 9 games in average.

DanneSandin said:
Don't come here and try and use logic!!

too bad he didnt and even admits it in the op... more stores have a lot more games than systems... probably a couple hundred games per store. Also, nobody said games dont sell on the wii so he cant use logic when he ddoesnt even have the argument correct

Around the Network

Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Fit
Wii Play
Mario Kart
Wii Fit+
Just Dances

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

IsawYoshi said:

(...) it's also said that few hardcores bough the system, and most of those sold the system after playing only wii sports and though it was crap (...)

lol, don't think they classify as hardcores, more as uninformed casual customers.

I seriously think Nintendo missed a gigantic opportunity with Nintendo franchises on the Wii.

They should have really integrated the "Nintendo experience" with some of the Wii games. Like Mario hats as collectibles in Wii Sports, or other references that would let Traditional Nintendo franchises to gain more exposure. Swordfighting in Sports Resorts should have let you unlock a master sword.

I like to call this the SSB effect, where a certain really popular game helps sell other games. Like Fire Emblem thanks to Melee. And selling me on Metroid (had no idea the fk samus was.) For certain KI:U sold a lot because of Pit's appearance in Brawl. 

If something like Nintendoland was something released mid Wii lifecycle with some title like Wiitendoland, there might be a lot more Nintendo fans out there.

And it would also give Nintendo fans something to appease them instead of raging at how Wii Sports abandoned them. Frisbee Dog? NO! Frisbee Rattata unlockable. Train your Rattata to become the top percentage of rattata.

(....Upon thinking about it....I need this. A rattata training game. Selectively breed and train Rattatas. That would be an amazing game.)

WHY DON'T WE HAVE A POKEMON BREEDING SIMULATOR NINTENDO.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Fit
Wii Play
Mario Kart
Wii Fit+
Just Dances

You forgot about NSMBWii!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

On the topic, my parents, who never played video games before they bought the Wii, somehow managed to buy around eight games for it.

- Wii Sports
- Wii Fit
- Wii Play
- Zumba Fitness
- Tiger Woods PGA (I bought it for them, but they said it was too complex and long, so they quickly got back to playing golf on Wii Sports...)
- A couple of incredibly bad shovelware