By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thanks to Steam's Summer Sale, I think I've found a new favourite

Tagged games:

Audiosurf yay or nay?

Yay, yay a thousand times yay. 3 25.00%

Yes, oh yes, I love this game 1 8.33%

It wasn't bad from what I recall 2 16.67%

Nah, didn't like it 1 8.33%

Hated the heck out of it 0 0%

Audio what now? 5 41.67%

Total:12

I'd heard a bit about this game but thought nothing of it, but seeing it as part of a bundle for £7, I thought "what's the worse that could happen?" Well, I'll end up sinking hours into this game that's what!

Brilliant game!

For those not in the know; in Audiosurf, you play a spaceship trying to navigate a series of obstacle courses being generated by the music on your harddrive.

You pick a song from your harddrive and the game generates a series of obstacles that are formed in tune with the selected song. Because it's so quick and easy, just about any song is playable on a number of modes and difficulties.

So, anyone played this? Also, how much did you get from steam?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I bought it years ago, still play it sometimes when I download music I think will fit in well. Brilliant game and still good looking today!

Haven't even heard about this game.

shakarak said:
Haven't even heard about this game.

You are truely missing out.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Looks neat... does it work with the music that is playing (for example streamed music) or does it have to be on the hard drive?

Oh, and my Steam purchase was Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. A sci-fi RTS (but with a pause feature you can use to plan) that at first is a little confusing, but I really got into it and have already completed a second play-through now. It's really fun being able to dictate and see epic space battles. It's from 2004 so it's not exactly spectacular looking, but I think it still holds up quite well (for example it looks better than the Rogue Squadron games on the GC)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/games/25233/nexus-the-jupiter-incident/

Around the Network

Great game.. Got it back in 2008, can't wait for the sequel launching this year with hopefully an IOS version... It was released for Zune but who the heck owns a Zune?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

So awesome!

Yeah - I bought this for USD$2.50. Still haven't played it yet.

It was on sale Sunday I think, and while buying universe Sandbox - I thought it might compliment it well. Having the Orange Box soundtrack included in the price pushed me over!

In fact, it may be a while before I play many of my Summer Sale purchases. I went a bit nuts. And as I'm a bit new to this whole Steam thing (haven't seriously PC gamed for around 10 years) and as someone who prefers action game on console - strategy/sims on PC - and have a bog standard middle of the range laptop - I filled quite a few gaps of titles I'd wanted over the last decade but didn't have a system good enough to play them on.

Off the top of my head (in addition to audiosurf) - My Steam Summer Sale haul looked like -

Dawn Of War Franchise Pack - $35
Walking Dead - $15
Dear Esther $2.50
Age Of Empires 3 Complete - $10
Football Manager 2012 - $10
Pendulo Adventure Pack - $15
Cities XL 2012 - $10
Legend Of Grimrock - $6
Thief Collection - $6.75
Train Simulator 2012 - $10
Witcher (1) Enhanced - $2.50
Demigod - $5
Reccetaer - $5
Evil Genius - $6
Universe Sandbox - $2.50
Poker Night Inventory - $3
Galactic Civilisations 2 - $5
Civ 4 Complete - $10

It was a sale full of bargains - but it ended up being expensive!

May be a while before my finances recover!

wipeout on ps3 has this same feature, i loved that feature.
and i already own this game but not played it yet.

edit : i am not downplaying the game btw , i love this kind of games.

PullusPardus said:
wipeout on ps3 has this same feature, i loved that feature.
and i already own this game but not played it yet.

It's not exactly the same as HD/Fury because the obstacles aren't inspired by your music just the scenery.