By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was wrong with Dragon Age 2?

Tagged games:

This game seems to have gotten a lot of backlash from fans and Im not entirely sure why. I understand people having a problem with the fact a lot of the locations were recycled but I found myself enjoying DA2 far more then DAO. I loved the fact that Hawke actually talks and the fact that the battles were sped up.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

the main thing that annoyed me was the cut and paste of everything every area i had seen the exact replica of before

yum123 said:
the main thing that annoyed me was the cut and paste of everything every area i had seen the exact replica of before

Believe me I get that, pissed me off as well. But people hate the game so much they want Bioware to go back completely to DAO for DA3. I hated the fact that my character couldn't talk and that the battles were so slow paced

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Everything.
They managed to fuck up everything that was good about DA1.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Everything.
They managed to fuck up everything that was good about DA1.

You mind going into detail? Other than the locale I can't really see much wrong with this game.

Around the Network

No adventure, no exploration. Exploring the deep roads was my favorite part of DA, here it was reduced to one re-used corridor.

The random nr of waves of extra baddies spawning in made the combat very annoying. Never knowing how to pace or position yourself through battle with enemies spawning behind you or right on top of you. It turned it into a random hack and slash affair. I already thought there were a bit too many meaningless battles in DA, DA2 crossed the line completely. Bigger kill count != better game.

Hawke not a Grey Warden to me is like Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson being the main protagonist in Halo.

Bioware used copy paste in DA2? Did they not learn from M.E.1?

coolbeans said:
Wagram said:
Bioware used copy paste in DA2? Did they not learn from M.E.1?

I'm sorry, but this statement is such bullshit.  It's funny for someone to state this considering you travese the OTHER half of the galaxy map in 2.

M.E.1 has a lot of copy paste . It doesn't make it a bad game but I found it really annoying. The buildings, the caves (oh definitely the caves) all look quite similar. They definitely stepped it up in part 2 which I was happy about.

The thing I miss the most is to be able to manage my party members. Is plain flat in DA2.
The story was quite boring too.