Marvel’s Avengers Beta Had Over Six Million Players - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 01 September 2020 / 1,558 Views
Publisher Square Enix and developers Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal announced there were over six million players in the Marvel’s Avengers beta. There were also over 27 million hours played during the beta.
Here is an overview of the updates and improvements planned for the game:
BETA FIXES (Multiplatform)
- Various crashes and game becoming unresponsive fixed
- Save game optimizations
- Multiple improvements and optimizations made to matchmaking
- Additional matchmaking improvements
- Character Selection improvements: Fixed the issue where you couldn’t select or change Super Heroes
- Companion respawn improvements
- Hulkbuster: Fixed the issue where the screen would turn black when another Super Hero would use the Hulkbuster
- Fixed issue with multiple Super Heroes spawning
- Fixed rare issue of players losing certain gear
- Various other improvements
Missions and War Zones
- Mission Summary improvements: Fixed issues with the Abomination fight
- Missing strongbox fixes
- Save game optimizations
- Fixed several reported crashes
- Rare crashes fixes
- Added a link to 1st Party store to main menu
BETA FIXES (PC-Specific)
- We have seen how some people struggled with severe stutters/lag and irregular performance and we have made several fixes that will solve or at least improve those.
- A variety of fixes for crashes seen during the beta have been implemented, which includes certain older systems not being able to launch at all, but also some that occurred rarely during gameplay. We will keep monitoring for other crashes and will release updates as we have them.
- Multiple improvements and optimizations made to matchmaking.
- We have made fixes for issues surrounding microphone handling and muting other players.
- We have addressed some graphical issues, for example when using SSSR while having TAA turned off.
- We have solved issues with the Dynamic Screen Resolution feature, especially when it was combined with HBAO+. With those fixes we recommend turning on Dynamic Screen Resolution again (at your desired minimum frame-rate) to ensure you are able to stick to your desired frame-rate no matter how hectic the game gets.
- We have brought in some initial improvements to our support for ultra-wide and super-ultrawide screens, with us planning more for launch.
- Various other smaller fixes and improvements
The data we gathered from our three Beta Weekends was invaluable, as was the feedback we got across social media, Reddit, and Discord! Based on that feedback, we made the following adjustments to the game to ensure a better experience for all.
- Camera Shake: Added an option in Settings to adjust Camera Shake Sensitivity
- Motion Blur: Decreased amount of motion blur during sprint and flight
- Vaulting: Improvement to vaulting: We heard it was a little sticky, so we’ve worked on it!
- Drop Delay: Decreased delay of loot drops: Based on your feedback
- Default Settings: Changed default settings to wide combat camera distance, heavy targeting assistance and matchmaking disabled
DAY ONE PATCH
As previously mentioned in our blog earlier this week, the Day One Patch is required to download in order to play the game. This contains many issues that were raised during the Beta as long as other fixes that needed to be implemented.
- Improvements to matchmaking
- Additional fixes for issues where characters would go out of the environment
- Additional UI fixes
- Additional performance improvements
The Day One Patch isn’t where it ends though. We’re working on implementing features that were requested over the Beta and takes additional time to develop. We’ll keep you updated on these post-launch.
- Ping system in War Zones
- Subtitle sizing options
- High-contrast mode
SHARING YOUR FEEDBACK
Keep the feedback coming! This is just the beginning of Marvel’s Avengers as we continue to expand on the story, bring new Super Heroes at no additional cost, and we can’t do it without you!
- Customer Support: https://sqex.to/globalsupport
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayAvengers
- Discord: https://discord.gg/PlayAvengers
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playavengersgame
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/playavengers
Did you catch our other Everything you Need to Know blogs this week?
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel's Avengers: Day One
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel's Avengers: Accessibility Features
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel's Avengers: Co-op Play
- Marvel’s Avengers: Everything You Need to Know about Gear & Cosmetics
Tomorrow, we’ll run through an overview of the weekly gameplay ritual!
Here is an overview of the game:
Assemble your team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, embrace your powers, and live your Super Hero dreams.
Marvel’s Avengers is an epic, third-person, action-adventure game that combines an original, cinematic story with single-player and co-operative gameplay. Assemble into a team of up to four players online, master extraordinary abilities, customize a growing roster of Heroes, and defend the Earth from escalating threats.
Play An Original Avengers Story
Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a new, hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco. The celebration turns deadly when a mysterious enemy causes a catastrophic accident which results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, a sprawling adventure ignites when a determined young woman named Kamala Khan sets out to reassemble and rebuild the Avengers to stop the unchecked power of the secretive new force known as AIM.
Marvel’s Avengers continues the epic journey with new Heroes and new narrative delivered on an ongoing basis, for the definitive Avengers gaming experience.
Embrace Your Powers
- Progress through the single player campaign to rebuild your Hero roster and restore their powers; then continue to battle AIM solo or online with friends.
- Unlock powerful skills and new gear for each of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to suit your playstyle.
- Customize these iconic Heroes with classic, fan-favorite, and all-new original outfits inspired by over 80 years of Marvel history.
- Flexible combat system, dynamically scaling difficulty, plus customizable gear and skills to support unique playstyles for each Hero.
- Using a reclaimed helicarrier as a base of operations, players launch Hero Missions (single-player) and Warzone Missions (single-player or co-op) in hotspots around the globe.
- Up to four players assemble online to defend the Earth from escalating threats that only the Avengers can overcome.
- The narrative will unfold over multiple years, with every new Super Hero and region delivered at no additional cost.
Marvel’s Avengers will launch for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia on September 4. It will launch for the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 in Holiday 2020.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.