Animal Crossing: New Horizons Tops the Japanese Charts, Switch Sells 52,557 Units - SalesWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 01 June 2020 / 2,668 Views
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NS) has remained at the top spot on the retail charts in Japan with sales of 102,553 units, according to Famitsu for the week ending May 24.
Ring Fit Adventure (NS) was the second best-selling game with sales of 11,746 units. Splatoon 2 (NS) is up two spots and is in third place with sales of 10,144 units.
Nine of the top 10 games are for the Nintendo Switch and one is for the PlayStation 4.
The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling platform with 52,557 units sold. The PlayStation 4 sold 3,771 units, the 3DS sold 2,084 units, and the Xbox One sold 248 units.
Here is the complete top 10:
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 102,553 (4,582,670)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 11,746 (917,041)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 10,144 (3,427,383)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 8,974 (2,955,429)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 6,107 (1,393,109)
- [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix, 04/10/20) – 5,902 (914,239)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 5,892 (3,703,810)
- [NSW] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo, 12/27/19) – 5,678 (234,735)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 4,830 (1,451,093)
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield (The Pokemon Company, 11/15/19) – 4,497 (3,602,252)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.