Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Debuts At the Top of the Japanese Charts - NewsWilliam D'Angelo , posted on 23 January 2019 / 4,872 Views
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4) has debuted at the top of the Japanese charts with sales of 202,379 units, according to Media Create for the week ending January 13.
Yakuza 4 (PS4) debuted in fourth with sales of 18,440 units. Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (PS4) debuted in 13th with sales of 7,474 units, and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PS4) debuted in 14th with sales of 7,447 units.
The Switch was the best-selling platform with sales 78,056 units. The PS4 sold 16,463 units, the 3DS sold 5,439 units. The PlayStation Vita sold 1,755 units and Xbox One sold 118 units.
Here is the complete top 20 chart:
- [PS4] Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/17/19) – 202,379 (New)
- [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo, 01/11/19) – 88,840 (255,143)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 49,533 (2,726,273)
- [PS4] Yakuza 4 (Sega, 01/17/19) – 18,440 (New)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 16,752 (971,945)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 15,062 (2,085,952)
- [NSW] Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s Go, Eevee! (Bundle Editions Included) (Nintendo, 11/16/18) – 12,351 (1,472,298)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Square Enix, 12/20/18) – 11,490 (210,493)
- [NSW] Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Bundle Version Included) (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 11,107 (573,451)
- [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Bundle Version Included) (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 9,469 (2,903,350)
- [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Square Enix, 12/20/18) – 9,330 (206,392)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 7,731 (1,263,023)
- [PS4] Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (Bandai Namco, 01/17/19) – 7,474 (New)
- [PS4] PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG Corporation, 01/17/19) – 7,447 (New)
- [PS4] Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/11/19) – 7,446 (48,955)
- [NSW] Go Vacation (Bandai Namco, 12/27/18) – 5,151 (47,862)
- [NSW] Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 01/11/19) – 4,598 (31,186)
- [PS4] Judgment (Sega, 12/13/18) – 4,527 (244,820)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (SIE, 10/12/18) – 4,341 (524,140)
- [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun (Bandai Namco, 07/19/18) – 3,720 (294,679)
A life-long and avid gamer, William D'Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let's Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at email@example.com or on Twitter @TrunksWD.
Aside from dabbling with the F2P Ace Combat on the PS3, I haven't played the proper series since AC 2 on the PS1. Thinking about this one. Looks good.
To be honest, didn't expect that high, looks like January is pretty nice to Japanese Devs
I bought it, missed this series back on the PS2. It's doing pretty well on the Xbox store, it's been at the number 2 best selling spot for the past 2/3 days.
Great releases for PS4, but still below 20,000 units. Why Japan?
Pretty sure that we're close to the limits of the home console market in Japan, now most people interested in it already bought it. Maybe a price cut would convince a bit more people, but we shouldn't expect big bumps.
When i am done fanboying over Monster hunter world im going to play this,the long expected Ace combat.