By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pros and Cons of Releasing SSB4 on 3DS First

Tagged games:

Is releasing the 3DS version doing Nintendo more bad than good?

Yes, the Wii U needs to b... 39 62.90%

Nope, the 3DS needs to ma... 23 37.10%

Total:62

I see plenty of threads about Smash Bros, but not a thread specifically directed at discussing the thread title!  I'll also be adding a poll, so while you read the blog post, the poll will be ready for you to vote on when you get back!

I posted this blog on IGN, and before y'all jump down my throat for linking to a blog post on IGN, read the blog post first, and THEN yell at my ass all you want (my ass has ears, true story).

http://www.ign.com/blogs/zyroxz2/2014/04/09/the-pros-and-cons-of-releasing-ssb4-on-3ds-first

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

*Makes an interesting thread that I want to read about... Forces me to go to a site I hate to read it*

Seriously, you can totally paste all that shit here :/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

*Makes an interesting thread that I want to read about... Forces me to go to a site I hate to read it*

Seriously, you can totally paste all that shit here :/

Then he wouldn't get hits

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm not going to go to your blog. I also can't answer your poll because you qualified your answers. I think it's fine for 3DS to release first, but not for the reason you have listed.

I agree with your position on the argument.

People say that Smash4 Wii U will be just fine because it is the superior version, but we have seen cases where the 3DS version of a game has outsold the Wii U version. Sonic Lost world and Lego City Undercover on the 3DS, despite being inferior to their Wii U counterpart has manage to sell more than the Wii U version. Now we have a game that is on equal quality to the Wii U version , or maybe even better. I predict that a large amount of the smash fanbase is going to migrate to the 3DS and that the franchise will lose its status as a big system seller.

Around the Network

There has to be some sort of rule against all the self promotion you do on this forum.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nice article! *Ahem,* I mean blog. :P

I Agree 100%

Fusioncode said:
There has to be some sort of rule against all the self promotion you do on this forum.

I agree, when he does Youtube, its fine for me but IGN? Thats a new low!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They're clearly looking for a double dip from die-hard N-fans. It might actually work.

The pros:

- More people owns a 3DS, thus the game will have more exposure
- The 3DS will have a system seller
- It creates anticipation (a.k.a. hype) for the "real deal"
- People who were considering skipping the 3DS version will have a reason to buy it

The cons:

- A few impatient gamers will skip the Wii U version and settle with the handheld version
- Some people will misinterpret this into thinking Nintendo consider Wii U second priority