By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The return of Master Chief will have Halo competing with the big boys once again, says Microsoft

Tagged games:

MCVUK

The iconic hero was last seen in a new game in 2007’s Halo 3. Developer 343 decided from the outset that Halo 4 would mark the character’s come-back, and Microsoft believes his return will see the franchise competing with the likes of GTA and Call of Duty once again.

“Bringing Master Chief back is huge,” boasts Xbox director for global marketing Steve Beinner. 

“Honestly, there’s not many franchises that have done what Halo has. There’s not many that have broken through and sold that much. You named two of them, GTA and Call of Duty. But if you look at platform exclusives, nothing is bigger than Halo.”

Halo 4 producer Kiki Wolfkill added: “Halo has missed Master Chief a little bit. And that’s not to take anything away from the games that were off the main line. But we’ve built so much equity in Chief and really such a strong icon in Chief, that I do think people missed a little bit not being able to see what he was doing next. He is such a strong focal point.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/we-ve-missed-master-chief/092554

Around the Network

"But if you look at platform exclusives, nothing is bigger than Halo.”

Nintendo says hi

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
"But if you look at platform exclusives, nothing is bigger than Halo.”

Nintendo says hi

/thread

I have absolutely no idea why people put so much weight on Master Chief. He could just be any Spartan or even marine as far as I care. They'll need more than him to bring this series back to Halo 3 levels, and I actually doubt that they ever will.

Halo 3 was supposed to be the end. Everything that follows will be considered a bonus, just like Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST and even Halo Reach. Let's hope they manage to give the series new life somehow.

Halo has never stopped competing with the big boys Mr Steve Beinner.

But I do agree in a way, Master Chief should be a good return to the franchise.

Around the Network

Why the fuck do these people have to say such stupid things? And if this dude wants to be a douche, he should have the balls to go all the way and just say what he really means which is.....nothing on the PS3 can hang with the Chief.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

I think he's right about MC being core to the experience, ODST and Reach I felt definately struggled for a central focus and both I would argue were weaker franchise instalments in terms of SP.

But biggest platform exclusive? Mario/Nintendo core titles surely take that position. I know it's PR speak. But by most criteria you could apply it's inaccurate.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It's going to be mega huge.

Microsoft will score big if they can outsell the 360 version of COD ... and maybe they can.

Is that guy seriously named Kiki Wolfkill?

trasharmdsister12 said:
theprof00 said:
Is that guy seriously named Kiki Wolfkill?

And yes, she is.

Hmmm and a woman?

I guess this was just a joke from the beginning then.