By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Generation Zero gets 52 on Opencritic

Tagged games:

Rating Summary

Based on 13 critic reviews

OpenCritic Rating

52 Top Critic Average

18% Critics Recommend

According to critics the game is a buggy mess with heavily reused assets. They clone-stamped the same six house models into the game over and over again. Enemy AI is hit or miss. 

I was sort of looking forward to this one, especially since it was only $34. But this game has gotten the worst reviews I've seen this gen. It's even worse than the State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and Sea of Thieves. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 26 March 2019

Around the Network

First time I've heard this game existed.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Im a fan Avalanche. Love Just Cause series, but 4 was garbage with heavily advertised features that played no role in game whatsoever. I was actually looking forward to this but i'll pass and along with JC4, I starting to wonder if these guys can ever recapture JC2 magic

THQ Nordic really needs to give their devs more time to stamp out these bugs. Darksiders III released in a similar state.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Rating Summary

OpenCritic Rating

52 Top Critic Average

18% Critics Recommend

According to critics the game is a buggy mess with heavily reused assets. They clone-stamped the same six house models into the game over and over again. Enemy AI is hit or miss. 

I was sort of looking forward to this one, especially since it was only $34. But this game has gotten the worst reviews I've seen this gen. It's even worse than the State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and Sea of Thieves. 

I had an odd feeling that it was all marketing and no bite. Turns out the majority of what was shown was simply marketing and some fluff footage.

I'd likely wait for this till it's cheap and patched up. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Rating Summary

OpenCritic Rating

52 Top Critic Average

18% Critics Recommend

I had an odd feeling that it was all marketing and no bite. Turns out the majority of what was shown was simply marketing and some fluff footage.

I'd likely wait for this till it's cheap and patched up. 

Yeah, if anybody buys it at all, it would have to be on the PC. Either modders will patch it up to be good, or the devs will patch it, and then heavily discount it on Steam/GoG to recoup sales losses. 

Never heard of the game before. But certainly a bad score.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cerebralbore101 said:

Yeah, if anybody buys it at all, it would have to be on the PC. Either modders will patch it up to be good, or the devs will patch it, and then heavily discount it on Steam/GoG to recoup sales losses. 

I thought I'd do some digging. The AI is indeed stupid, you gain too much loot, and you can basically cheese the AI with almost anything.

I swear all of what we saw for this game was purely a marketing hype spin. These need to die, full on actual real and honest gameplay needs to be made into law, because vertical slices are getting stupid to see in 2019, let alone what we could see next year. 

Also, the game is up on GMG, but they are waiting for keys, so I'm not sure how cheap the game could go for on there. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Xxain said:
Im a fan Avalanche. Love Just Cause series, but 4 was garbage with heavily advertised features that played no role in game whatsoever. I was actually looking forward to this but i'll pass and along with JC4, I starting to wonder if these guys can ever recapture JC2 magic

Indeed. JC2 was top 5 for me last gen. It might even be my #1. Won't get into the many things I disliked, and even hated about JC3, but I bailed after around 12 hours and never looked back. I have Mad Max physical, and in my PS+ library, but have yet to try it. Didn't even know about this game. Ouch on that score.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

It's a shame as I was looking forward this game .

It does indeed look like Avalanche has lost its touch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.